Tuesday, June 24, 2014

On Kate Kelly

   Kate Kelly. It was neat she encouraged her followers to remain in the church. It was neat a church spokeswoman emailed just before the verdict saying prayers were with those who have to make difficult decisions as well as with those who might be placed outside the church congregation.
  Goodwill is a good thing.
  One of my thoughts is that it is one thing to suggest you believe women might someday receive the priesthood, but it is another to demand the church grant women that priesthood. By demanding, it is as if to suggest the church is out of line in what it is doing.
   I do feel sorrow Kate Kelly was excommunicated, but it does seem if you rally people to suggest the church is wrong, that well could get you excommunicated.
   I believe in a God who is over the church. I do not know his ways. As the scripture says, My ways are not your ways, neither are my thoughts your thoughts. I do not know whether women will have the priesthood some day. I know they are not granted it now. Whatever God does, whatever He decides, is fair. Is there a chance God wants women to have His priesthood, but the church leaders on earth are not in tune enough to realize it? I only know that if God wanted to get that message through to them, He would.

No comments:

Post a Comment