Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Great Nation is a Civil Nation

One of the wisest men who ever lived, that Rodney King.

"Can't we all just get along?" I may not have the exact verbage of his quote, but that is probably close to word perfect.

I only caught snippets of the Republican convention, I mean, a sentence here and a sentence there. But, it was enough to feel the hatred. Why, I ask, is this necessary? Is there suppose to be something inherent in the democratic process that requires people to divide into two camps and bicker and spit at each other?

Because, I don't think vindictiveness and hatred become a great nation, not a godly one.

Is it possible for a nation to exist without this? Is it possible for a people to be so good, even in the political arena, they treat each other respectfully? I don't mean that they shouldn't point out each other's faults when there is genuine concern to be made. If there is evidence Bain Capital rode companies into the ground while the executives received dividends, let's talk about it. It would be wonderful, though, if those news stories all contained Romney's responses. And, it would be wonderful if the tone of the articles and discussions was more searching in nature than accusatory? (I mean searching for Romney's explanation when I say searching.)

Let a great nation exist, one that is inquisitive of its own flaws, but not spiteful and spitting and up in arms, everyone against each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment