Thursday, April 20, 2017

To Defend Bear Ears' Archaeolocial Sites, Define Where They are

   You can't defend what you don't define. If we don't know what the archaeological sites are and where they are in Bears Ears, how will we protect them? That's my thought as I hear Matt Anderson of the Sutherland Institute say the Obama Administration failed to identify archaeological sites.
   I don't know, maybe the charter (or whatever it is called) creating the monument does provide a way for protecting the archaeological sites. Maybe the management team is empowered to identify them and protect such places. That might be a simpler and less expensive answer than having a federal study.
  My brother notes finding many might be as easy as reading the BLM map. At any rate, I agree the sites should be identified. You can't defend what you don't identify.

No comments:

Post a Comment