Saturday, December 9, 2017

Some Truth in the Thought, Heal the Back, Heal the Body

   I am decades behind the times. I didn't realize we already had replacement disc surgery. I ran into someone in the store who told me her son had had the surgery. I came home and word searched, to learn it has been around for about 35 years (in Europe), and the first one was performed in the U.S. in 2000.
  I wonder on this, on how discs can be replaced, wondering if more good could be done than is being done. I wonder if it is reaching all the elderly possible. Are we reaching everyone possible, period? Is the expense preventative?
  If we have reached -- or are reaching -- the age when spines can be replaced -- any part necessary -- then we are truly entering an exciting age. Messages to and from the brain travel through the spine. Chronic pain from pinched nerves can be ended. Bladder and bowel problems can be lessened. Much of the health of the whole body can be bettered if, with the flip of a switch, so to speak, we can heal the back.
   Heal the back, heal the body. Sometimes, anyway.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment