Sunday, October 6, 2024

 
 
The Battle of the Capitol

Call it the Battle of the Capitol
For I won't refer to it simply as an insurrection
For there was a taste of war in this effort to overthrow our election

Perhaps the Americans were outnumbered three to one
I don't know
And when I say "Americans," I mean the real patriots, son

Casualties? 114 were wounded
I think of American soldiers honored for serving this land
Just as honored should be those who fought off the rebel band

Look at the groups who attacked our capitol
Oath Keepers, QAnon
White supremacists and Proud Boys
People who were capable of making more than just a loud noise

Are we as Americans in these years that have past
Are we to forget those who defended our country?
While we let those who attacked us simply run free?

Don't forget the Alamo
And don't forget J6
Honor those who fought for us
When we count our heroes
Make sure they are in the mix

No comments:

Post a Comment