Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Should We Clip Rich Farmers Out of Subsidies?

   I grew up on a farm. I don't know that we got much, but I believe we did get some subsidies. Not sure I like them. Maybe we should cut farm subsidies altogether. Or, maybe we should keep them for the poorer farmers. At any rate, I can't see how anybody should be getting half a million, even if it is across more than a decade. And, Rep. Stephen Fincher, at almost $3.5 million? Whoa.
  I wonder if the stories on these people receiving so much are accurate. I wish we could speak to them, to see if there are explanations. My Facebook friend, Sarge Froehle, posted this meme on my timeline. The story that came with it (link provided below), indicated much of the subsidies go to the large farmers. While there might be something I do not know, off top, that doesn't sit well with me.




http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/23/us/politics/farm-subsidy-recipient-backs-food-stamp-cuts.html?_r=0


http://aattp.org/starving-america-farm-bill-passes-with-8-7-billion-in-gop-food-stamp-cuts/

No comments:

Post a Comment