Monday, November 25, 2019

What has become of America? It is Lost on the Truth

  What becomes of my nation? When a fact-check is given -- suggesting a meme is inaccurate or false -- rather the accept the truth, so many lash back at it, saying it is the fact-check that is the liar. I see meme after meme after meme that is false -- many undeniably wrong, quoting George Washington and others saying things they just didn't say.
 Yet so many in my nation hold tightly to the same memes, regardless.
  What has become of my America, that it should be so deceived and blind -- so rejecting of simple truth?
  It is a nation itching to hear what it wants to hear, lashing out, one against another. I hear the gnashing of teeth -- as it seems to me -- of devils, as they use foulness of tongue and spiteful language on those they count as their foes. I read a post saying we need to educate Americans of the truth (for they call their falsehoods truth). And, I think of the news channels of our day, devoted to promoting not both sides of the story, but created just to carry the arguments of one party, to teach what that party suggests is the truth.
  And, I think of the scripture. "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And, they shall turn their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." (2nd Timothy 4:3-4)
  I would imagine this scripture foretells of a rejecting of religious teachings. But, I cannot but see how it so also squares with what is happening -- large scale -- in America, politically.

(Note: One sentence added Nov. 26th.)



No comments:

Post a Comment