Thursday, November 4, 2021

The Will of the People Reflects Their Morals

    If you have democracy, and it is the people who govern, the government will reflect not only the will of the people, but the morals of the people. 

  So, look at America. I will hesitate to comment.  Some are against bringing many immigrants in, fearing they will take our welfare, and fearing there will be too many criminals among them. We have a nation focused on gun rights. 

   I think to look at it a different way. What if we were to take the beliefs of the nation, first, and then see how they translate into how we are governed? Are we a nation that believes in God? Are we a nation that practices the biblical adage of, Love thy neighbor as thyself? Are we a people that borrows money?

  Are we a nation that goes to movies most every week? That wants to be entertained? 

  I do not know the answer to these questions, meaning I cannot say how our mores translate into our policies. Or, if I can see how some of them do, I hold my thoughts and do not express them.

   Studies are always being done. This would be one of worth. A study that made the connections between the believes of the masses and the policies of the government. 

No comments:

Post a Comment