Wednesday, January 26, 2022

The Incredible Story of Jim Valvano

 

The incredible. miraculous story of Coach Jim Valvano, as told through the eyes of Thurl Bailey, one of his players: Norm Sloan had recruited Thurl to North Carolina, but he left North Carolina State for another job, and Valvano was hired as the new North Carolina State coach. Valvano came across as a pompous, egotistical person. When Valvano called a team meeting to introduce himself, Thurl wasn't going to go, but his mother persuaded him to. So, he went. "I know I’m going to win one," Valvano said. "I’ve dreamed about it. I know how it looks and feels, and I don’t know if this is the team or not, but I think we can get there." The team bought in and stayed with Valvano, and they won the national championship. So, was Valvano inspired from heaven? Did he have a revelation that he would lead a team to a championship? It seems clear that was the case, seeing how many there were who witnessed what he said and then they went on to see themselves win that championship, just as Valvano had said.

No comments:

Post a Comment