Monday, January 15, 2024

It's Date Night Tonight

   Are you having your weekly date night right now? No, I don't mean with your spouse or any of your kids, I mean . . . with the Lord. You keep telling me he's your best friend, and I thought I would just point out that this is his day. You know, the day you are suppose to put aside all other things to concentrate on worshipping him. 
   Or was church enough for you? And, as soon as it was over, you ditched him? Hey, we are suppose to hang out with him all day long on Sundays, aren't we? If you just go to church service, I'm calling that lip service, and I want more from you.
   Anyway, about this date night thing, I'm thinking about asking him out. I've done it in  the past and he's never turned me down yet. You could just sit around reading scriptures or something; He seems to like that more than games. You could listen to music together, Tabernacle Choir or whatever. You could just sit around and talk; the Lord loves listening to your problems.
   Or, you could go out, maybe go to a fireside together, maybe even invite a friend who isn't active to join you. The Lord likes it when you bring others along. Or, you could visit a neighbor who is in need. Service projects are the best!
   I've tried this in the past, and it hasn't always worked out. My fault, of course. Sometimes I'll invite the Lord over, telling him we'll spend the whole day together, and then, bang, I get distracted. I find other things to do. I leave the Lord sitting there while I'm off and about. Not a very good way to treat your guest.
   Anyway, I hope you try this date thing out. If you missed this Sunday, I hope you'll try it next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment