Monday, October 29, 2018

Those Who Disagree with Me are Also Christians, and Wonderful Ones

  I pause tonight, to consider what I said last night -- that we once practiced the Christian principle of helping others, and that if the Honduran migrants were suffering from poverty and criminal affliction, we would have been appalled at laws preventing us from helping them, laws that locked them out. We would have quickly changed our laws, and welcomed them in with open arms.
  Back in the day, you helped those in need. That was part of who we were, as a nation.
  Here is what I want to say tonight. Here is what I want to make clear: There are beautiful people, wonderful Christians, who disagree with me. I am not saying those who disagree with me are not Christian.
   But, yes, I do believe helping the migrants is the Christian thing to do. Let us disagree on it, but I do so believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment