Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pro Life is Pro Declaration of Independence

 Would we think the right to life an inalienable thing, not to be contested, and would we say this includes life for the unborn, those within the womb, those who we label no more than fetuses?

 "Being born is a gift, not a right," I just read at a pro choice website.

So, we disagree, them and I. They hold it is not a right. I hold it is the most basic of rights.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are, life . . . life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Like a presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, I repeat the word "life" twice as I quote the Declaration of Independence, for emphasis.

Life not a right? When it says it is in the Declaration?

But, I am aware the Supreme Court, circa 1973, did not view the unborn as having the right to life. That court, in Roe v. Wade, ruled for that it was abortion that was a right, not birth.

I so disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment