Sunday, November 30, 2014

Seek Not a God to Bless Thee, But a God to Serve

   The other day, thoughts grateful for what recovery I have had from an accident mixed with a yearning to be blessed with a wife. I have never married. My best days for finding a wife are passed.  I prayed to the Lord, asking for this blessing. As I prayed, I thought how faith is to let God do what He will with us, and to leave it in the hands of Him as to whether He chooses to give us a blessing. As I concluded my prayer, though, my thoughts went even further. My need for a blessing should turn me even more to God. I should resolve to serve Him with completeness, with more devotion, with my whole soul.
   Yes, leave the blessing in the hands of God, but resolve to serve Him regardless and completely. That should be my quest, not the blessing.


No comments:

Post a Comment