Thursday, November 27, 2014

Were His Decision-Making Tendencies Influenced by Marijuana?

   Marijuana affects a person's decision-making ability. Such is the contention of many, including me. Sometimes, decisions made under the influence of marijuana are disastrous.
   So, I do wish one element of the Ferguson story were investigated. Was Michael Brown high when he encountered Officer Darren Wilson? We know some marijuana was found in his system, but the time frame on when he would have taken it could be long removed from the day Wilson shot him.
   I doubt the angle on marijuana has been investigated beyond noting that marijuana was in his system. To me, it would be good if it were. I would like to know the influence of marijuana on a person.
   Michael Brown's mother, when she heard Darren Wilson's account, reacted with amazement. She said it was crazy to think someone would rush someone else holding a gun, ready to shoot. I don't know if Brown did rush Wilson, but I am guessing Brown did something to provoke Wilson. I am not saying Wilson was justified, only that he likely was reacting to something Brown did. Reaching into a police car and punching an officer, to me, is not in sound judgement, either.
   Were Brown's decision-making tendencies altered by marijuana? Seems to me, we should want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment