Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Trump and the Kick in His Rump He is Receiving

   Is this the Trump stumble that finally trips him up? I find myself somewhat understanding of him. If he is saying Judge Gonzalo Curiel definitely cannot fairly preside over the Trump University case because of his race, that is wrong. But, if he were limiting his assessment to saying sometimes people do let their race affect their judgments, I would say he's right.
   There is that danger.
   Most of us do have biases based from the groups we are in. I think of my own self, and often wonder how much my backing of Mitt Romney is because he is of my faith.
   Ahem, I also think of the support of the Donald, himself, by Republicans, simply because he is a republican. That is a bias.
   I wonder but what we all have biases. If so, judges are required to put theirs aside. I don't know that Judge Curiel has any bias to begin with, on this matter, but, if he does, my guess is, he is putting it aside. I consider that he ruled to postpone the case until after the election. That sounds like a favorable ruling for Trump. He didn't need to do that. If he were biased, he could have taken glee in having the case unfold, with all its negative publicity, during the campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment