Sunday, April 29, 2018

It is a Fine Line between the Wise and the Paranoid

  There is paranoia in each of us. It is part of the human spirit. It is in you, and it is in me. Now, the line between paranoia and wisdom is a thin one. We run from things we fear based on the information we have. If that information is valid, we are said to be wise for perceiving the danger and getting out of a situation that would have harmed us. If the information is spurious, though, we are classed as fools,and said to be delusional and paranoid.
Yea, a fine line that separates the wise from the paranoid.
I sometimes (perhaps not enough) avoid sugar, and GMOs and antibiotics. I act based on the information I have, but who knows if I am delusional. 
So, who knows what is paranoia and what is wisdom. I'll only say, sometimes you have to listen to the paranoid side of yourself. He who is paranoid can be he who is wise. If we don't listen to our fears, we don't avoid our pitfalls. The paranoid person is the wise person, to some extent.

No comments:

Post a Comment