Monday, May 28, 2018

You cannot Suppose to Own the Blue Skies of Heaven

Says a friend on Facebook:
   I don’t believe a person has an inalienable right to trespass on another person’s property. When you cross a country’s border without permission then you are essentially trespassing.

I reply:
   That supposes ownership. I don't know that in a land of the free, anyone owns the country, just the same as no one is the king of this land. You cannot take the blue skies of heaven and suppose to own them. You can live under them, but that does not make them yours. God's green earth belongs to everyone.

Further thoughts I have:
   I consider on the opinion I just offered. I think of Israel, and wonder about it being a land for Jews, and whether restrictions on others should be allowed. So, the opinion I offer above is one I continue to consider. I also do -- in fact -- give thought to the ownership of America being a right of those who are already here at the exclusion of those who seek to come. Perhaps I will think on this as I go to bed. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment