Saturday, December 8, 2018

Should We Help Them Not, for They've Brought on Their Own Trouble?

   I wonder on how it is said we should not help those at the border, we should not let them in, for they have brought on themselves their own predicament.They crossed Mexico at their own peril. They irresponsibly endangered their own children by bringing them through cartel country. They came, when all along they knew it was illegal to come to America.
   Are not there the words of scripture?
   Perhaps thou shalt say: The man has brought upon himself his misery; therefore I will stay my hand, and will not give unto him of my food, nor impart unto him of my substance that he may not suffer, for his punishments are just—
   But I say unto you, O man, whosoever doeth this the same hath great cause to repent; and except he repenteth of that which he hath done he perisheth forever, and hath no interest in the kingdom of God.  (Mosiah 4:17-18 in the Book of Mormon, which is a book of scripture of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)
 (Note: Three sentences added 12/9/18

No comments:

Post a Comment