Saturday, January 26, 2019

Perhaps More Living Along the Border Favor the 'Illegal' Immigrant

   There may be more support along the border for the immigrants than what we are aware of. Who knows but what some of the landowners on the border don't even help the immigrants across, or let them in. I don't know this for fact, but I do wonder. I didn't think this way until I read a news story on Trump's visit to the border. Now, I wonder. I wonder if some are helping the immigrants in -- if they are letting them in. If they are they sure as sure are not going to be quick to let it be known, lest they get in trouble with the government for helping people cross illegally.
   When Trump visited McAllen, which has been called the epicenter of of the "crisis," the mayor spoke out, saying they don't want a wall, and noting that his city is the safest in all of Texas. There was a display of the drugs confiscated, all of which were seized from those coming through the port of entry, legally, as opposed to being seized from those sneaking across the border, illegally.
  "One of the reasons I go on TV," McAllen Mayor Jim Darling told Now This (a news outlet), " is to show our people have got a heart. I mean, people open up their arms to the people coming across. And, if you saw them . . . you could not do anything else. And, so, I think our people show that. You know, we have an area that is understanding, that has a warm heart, and that's what we are. Unfortunately, we are painted differently . . ."
   Elsewhere, I learned that of the nine U.S. representatives representing the areas along the border from California to Texas, all of them are against the wall. That speaks volumes. It would seem there is strong sentiment among the people living where the immigration is occurring who are not against them. Maybe, it is just that they favor other ways of stopping them, other than a wall, but I cannot but wonder if many of the people down there are not more open armed to the "illegal" immigrants than what we are led to believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLGBoL9BWQ4

No comments:

Post a Comment