Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Of Parasites and Immigrants and Unborn Children

   Comes a meme on Facebook, three ladies sitting on the lawn, two wearing "My Body, My Choice," T-shirts, and they have a sign that says, "Parasites don't have rights."
   "When committing human rights violations oppressors always start by dehumanizing their victims."
   My reply, and I hope it offends no one:
   "I'm against abortion. Think it way wrong. There have been times when it, not immigration, has been my big issue. I see so many commonalities in the two issues. People say the unborn have no rights. They aren't human. People say the undocumented have no rights. They aren't citizens. People call the unborn parasites. What a similarity to how the immigrants are viewed and treated. The unborn are parasites? The immigrants are criminals. They have robbers and killers and such among them. It is argued that, well, they are criminals, for they come in violation of the law. That makes them criminals, by definition. And the unborn? By definition, I guess they literally are parasites, if you choose to use that term on them. I don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment