Monday, June 17, 2019

The Poor Coming in Defiance of Laws that Reject Them

  We wonder what to call them. Will it be "illegal immigrants" or "undocumented immigrants"? Or how about "illegal aliens," a harsh term that stirs up a likeness of them being invaders from another planet.
   Tell me that's accurate.
   I have another term, which accurately describes them -- or at least many of them. I wonder at using it as I discuss them in the future: "The poor fleeing from other nations."
   "The poverty-stricken from Central and South America."
   "The poor pouring in from other lands."
   I do not think the term, "the poor from other countries," inaccurate, nor inappropriate. It is as accurate a description of them as there is. Perhaps if you want to be more complete, say, "the poor coming from other lands in defiance of laws that reject them."

No comments:

Post a Comment