Sunday, October 20, 2019

Peace can come 
from avoiding the truth. 

   There is a saying, "The truth hurts," to which the person usually adds, "Doesn't it?" Truth can hurt. It can be hard to take. I would once have suggested this does not mean truth should be avoided. These days, I am not so certain. I question whether we truly are able to bear the weight of our own shortcomings -- whether the anguish truly could lead us to our deaths. I no longer hold as much fault against a person who isn't able to face the truth. I see it in all of us. I find myself still correcting others by pointing out when they are believing false memes and such -- believing lies to protect their own beliefs. But, lies can protect us. Facing the truth isn't a matter to be undertaken by the feeble of heart, and, as humans, we are all feeble of heart, at least to some degree. We are mortals. Place us under enough pain, and we die. This quote, "Peace can come from avoiding the truth," is perhaps the least eloquent of all the quotes and proverbs I have posted the last day. It's really not even a saying, just something said and unworthy of being a quote. I suppose I included it just because I came up with about a 100 quotes in a day (a few which I forgot before I could write them down), and wanted to print it to have 100 posted on my blog. (Those just posted, I came up with yesterday.)  Still, for all its lack of eloquence, this quote contains the hidden truth I've just explained. 

No comments:

Post a Comment