Monday, November 18, 2019

Perhaps They Should Resign if They Won't Consider Impeachment

  We should be demanding that our leaders in Washington uphold the Constitution. Our senators and representatives are bound by an oath of office to uphold the Constitution. And the Constitution says,  "The President . . . shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for . . . Bribery . . ."
   I have a Facebook friend who posts, saying those senators who have said they will not look at evidence of impeachment should resign. I reply to the effect that I don't know that I would go that far. Calling for them to resign seems a little much.
   I think some more on it, however, and realize they should be required to uphold the Constitution. The words of that document are very clear. You impeach a president if he commits a bribe. You have not choice. You've sworn to uphold the Constitution. If you will not even consider evidence when the charge of bribery comes up, you are throwing the Constitution to the wind and disregarding it. I'm still giving it thought. But, yes, perhaps they, themselves, should be removed from office if they violate the Constitution.

No comments:

Post a Comment