Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Who Knows but what Iraq has More Righteous People than Us

    My friend holds out his cell phone so I can see and meet his friend, who is a professor at a university in Iraq. He seems a wonderful person. Some people, you look in their eyes, and become impressed with what great people they are. Latter-Day Saints sometimes consider that they can tell some are LDS just by the genteel look on their face. Well, I saw that same type of look in his face

    In America, we speak of American Exceptionalism. We speak as if we were better than other nations. I do not say this land is not favored by God -- I believe it is. But, I also believe there are good people among all nations -- and I mean very good people.

   So I ask, are we a nation full of pride? Are we withering in our pride? Do we think we are better than others -- especially better than those in Muslim nations? Would some of us, even, be upset with me for suggesting the people of Iraq -- full of Muslims -- might be every bit as righteous as we are. 

   Maybe more so. Who knows.


No comments:

Post a Comment