Monday, July 12, 2021

Enhance the Punishment if Flag is Used in Commission of a Crime

  Let the protester continue to bring the American flag to his or her protest or debate. Though they often use it as a prop, as if to say. Hey, I'm right on this issue. My waving the flag shows I am on the virtuous side. I hold these views because I am clearly an American patriot.

  But, if they are arrested for a crime during the act of flaunting the flag, then judge the use of that flag wrong. Either rebuke them for using the flag as a crutch during the commission of the crime, or charge them with an additional crime for doing so. It would be much like our hate-crime laws. If your crime is motivated by bigotry or hatred, the penalty is enhanced. Even so, if you flaunted the flag in the commission of a crime, the penalty would be enhanced.  

No comments:

Post a Comment