Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Each Death is a Teardrop

  In China, alone, 29,700 people die each day. 

  And, at the Sandy Rehabilitation Center, today, just one death that I am aware of, Loa Davenport. Of all the thousands who die in the world each day, the meaning, the loss, the realness you do not feel until it is someone you know.

   I visited with Loa Sunday. I anointed in advance of the blessing given by our branch president. Liver failure. Even as I wondered about my own possible death, there before me laid someone who was really dying -- dying in front of my very eyes. You see such a death upfront, and your heart stretches out to that soul. Then, you think of the thousands and thousands who die each day. You think of the pain each one suffers as their death approaches them. Though you don't know their stories like you know that of Loa Davenport, each one of them is a Loa Davenport

    Bless them. Bless them one and all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment