Sunday, June 4, 2023

I've Got Artificial Intelligence

Confessions are in order. See, I'm not overly scared of AI. Oh, I read the story about how they could undermine the integrity of our elections. That bothers me. And I saw that story where the very creators of A1 are warning us to beware. How could I not respect that? I even saw that story about how they could bring about the extinction of the human race.  Whoa!

It's not that I'm nonplussed, disconcerted, and unperturbed. All four of those things apply. And, if you're saying, Wait a minute, you just listed three things and are so stupid you  counted them as four, well, it's just that I'm so concerned that I searched for a fourth word, but didn't have a big enough vocabulary to come up with it. Besides, you're right about me being too dumb to know how to count.  

Okay, so I am concerned. But maybe I'm just not as concerned as I should be.  It's just that when I get done doing all my worrying, I somehow think things are going to be all right.

I mean, they can't do any damage to me; I'm already a mess. And, they can't harm you, because you're so smart you'll get out of it.  

Seriously, though, I don't think they are going to overpower humans. Just don't. Now, I've been wrong about a millions things -- and that's just counting the host of them from yesterday -- but, yeah, I think things are  going to be fine. 

Maybe that means I've got artificial intelligence. As they say, I obviously don't have real intelligence, so it must be fake and artificial.

No comments:

Post a Comment