Monday, February 20, 2012

Rather George & Abe have Their Day

It was Presidents Day today, or was it?

Checking the list of federal holidays, I find it was George Washington's Birthday. And, checking the list of state holidays, I see it was Washington and Lincoln Day.

So, how come none of the mentions I am finding refer to this day as either George Washington's Birthday or Washington and Lincoln Day? They all call it Presidents Day.

It may be that Presidents Day is an alternate national name for the day, albeit my short seach discovers no such official name for the day.

And, I do not prefer it being known as Presidents Day. That waters it down too much. Not that honoring all our presidents is a bad thing, but I much like honoring Washington and Lincoln, specifically.

No comments:

Post a Comment