Wednesday, November 7, 2012

On Mary Jane and Mary Marrying Jane

I never did understand all the talk about how this was to be the most crucial election of our lifetimes, until now. It's not Romney or Obama I'm talking about, nor control of Congress by the Democrats or Republicans. None of that. But, recreational marijuana won approval in two states, Washington and Colorado, and I believe this is the first time voters have approved such a measure. (Small amounts of marijuana are legal in Alaska and other states have have reduced small amounts to being infractions, instead of misdemeanors) Voters in Maine and Maryland approved same-sex marriages. Okay, I'm just joking in saying now I see why this election was the most crucial in our nation's history. Still, these two things seem significant.


No comments:

Post a Comment