Tuesday, March 26, 2013

 Will Foursome Marriages be Next?
  Those first words from the Declaration of Independence keep ringing through my mind as I consider the current debate on same-sex marriages.
   "When in the course of human events."
   I think of my America, and of the news stories pointing out how public opinion has swung from opposing gay marriages to supporting them. I think of the talk of how we have evolved as a nation on this issue. I think of my own sentiment, that perhaps many are born with the gay sexual orientation.
   I don't know that that is true, but I have to consider it, owing to both science saying it is so, and to the testimony I have heard from such as Josh Weed.
   I also think of the gay pride parades, and the forceful opinion of those who have same-sex attraction, of how they argue they are being wronged and slighted and discriminated against.
   So, when in the course of human events.
   I read a Facebook post, asking if we do grant same-sex marriage, then what of polyamory relationships, where people do not need to marry and they have multiple partners. I think in my mind, what if two men and two women want to get married as a foursome, do we say, that, too, is okay?
   Well, when in the course of human events, a people decides a thing it right, you grant them the privilege of living that way. I am grateful, at least for however long it lasts, that there is not a movement for foursome marriages.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, there is a movement for polygamy. It is alive in the State of Utah, especially on the border of Arizona and Utah.
    But seriously, just be the best person you can be.

    ReplyDelete