Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hmm, Here's One Way to Pay Off National Debt

   So, if each of us, each head of house, plopped down $137,000, the $16.8 trillion national debt would be paid off. It is going to take a little bit, if we really decide to do this, for few of us have that kind of money. So, I imagine the only thing we can do, is . . .
   To march into the banks and get huge personal loans.
   Come on, fellow Americans, we can do this. It's for our country. We have to pull together at times like this. We need to think of the betterment of the whole, not of ourselves. The nation is in debt. Our dear Uncle Sam is in debt. To get our government out of the hole, we need to take ownership, make the debt our own, literally.
   Hmm, some of you are reading along, wondering if I'm serious. Well, I'm not. Then, again, part of me does like the idea. Wouldn't it be something like history has never, ever seen? Now, let me get back to the part about how it is going to take quite a bit of effort. A number of us aren't going to go along with this. So, the rest of us will have to take out even bigger loans. I suggest $500,00 each. And, I suggest, if the banks want to do their part, they will extend us the credit.
   To the banks, fellow citizens! To the banks!


No comments:

Post a Comment