Wednesday, November 6, 2013

GMOs Should be Subject to Independent Studies

   Here's the thought that struck me last night: Are the companies marketing GMOs free from having anyone study the safety of their products, simply because their plants are patented? Alas, when the thought came to me, it was late and I went to bed without looking into it.
   I woke to find the link below. Alas, it is late and I will go to bed without reading the full of it.
   It does seem to me Congress should step in, passing legislation allowing independent research of the GMOs. The legislation should require the companies to take any product off the market that is not made available to independent research. The legislation can specify that no product can be copied for sale. As for someone learning the secrets of how to make the seeds, that is what patents are for. Even though someone might discover how to do it, they cannot, because you have the patent on it.

http://gmo-awareness.com/all-about-gmos/gmo-science-sources-relationships/

No comments:

Post a Comment