Friday, December 6, 2013

Failure to Use Our Equipment is One of Failures of Our Health System

   So, I go to the doctor, get a vein study, it shows problems, and I go back into the world realizing what some of those sensations I've had in my legs are all about.
   I quit jogging. I wonder if the jarring, pounding footfall shocked the blood right out of my veins.
   Don't I deserve a revisit? I mean, once the pain has subsided, shouldn't I be able to go back, get a new study, and see if I'm okay?
    There's a lot of equipment in the doctor's office I think should be used more frequently. Seems, once the doctor owns the equipment, it shouldn't cost much for him to use it repeatedly. The failure to make the equipment more available is one of the failures of our health system.

No comments:

Post a Comment