Thursday, January 16, 2014

Dinner Tables in a Row for This Same-Sex Study


   All I wanted to do was to test the sexual orientation of Utah's same-sex couples. I spared no cost. I used my millions to make it happen. I invited 100 same-sex and 100 opposite-sex people to a lavish dinner and international fashion show at the Salt Palace.
   The convention rooms were not long enough to stage it the way I wanted, so I used the hallways. I lined the participants one to a table and all in a single row. In between each participant's table, I placed a partition. Then, I slowly paraded two rows of beautiful people down the hallways, passing each table, one row on one side, and the other row passing on the other side of the table.
   Females all in the one row, and males in the other.
   The dinner guests could look to the right and see the females, or they could turn to the left and see the males. Which would it be? Of course, they could turn their heads back and forth. To give purpose for having them there, I asked them to judge the models, picking a country that had the best fashions. So, models wearing fashions from Egypt, Britain, Japan and so forth paraded past their tables, each country's females and males passing at the same time. So, when the females from Canada were passing on one side, the males from Canada were passing on the other. The dinner guests were to pick which single country had the best fashions. Of course, that might cause them to look back and forth, but my hope was that many of the dinner guests would look more one way than the other. And, my hope was that their facial reactions would be revealing.
   It was my first study of same-sex attraction. There would be others. I had learned to love those of same-sex. I had learned they were precious. I also had learned how we should question our preconceived beliefs about them, and that included the most recently arrived at preconceived beliefs. For thousands of years, most of society judged same-sex partnering as not natural. Now, most accept it as normal. If it is normal, there should be no reason to fear studying it, again. Truth does not run from knowledge.
   So, I did the study again and again. The second time, I invited couples, with half being paired with someone of their own sex, and the other half with someone of the opposite sex, to see if they would sense a need to please the person they were with by which direction they were looking. The third time, I invited both some couples and some singles. But, this time I told them what the experiment was, that I was seeking to see which way they would look in order to know what their natural attraction was.
   (Story amended Jan.18th)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment