Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday is the Lord's Day

   Maybe if I lament my lack of posting on Sundays, it will come out to be an adequate posting, itself. Sunday is the Lord's day. I often think of a scripture in Isaiah that says we should put aside our own desires and pleasures on Sunday and do His will.
   I could post today on a somewhat worthy Sunday topic -- giving donations to charities -- but although that is Sundayish, I would to post on Christ on my Sundays. It is His day. I would that I studied His life more on this day. I once made a habit of reading the Gospel of Mark on Sundays, but have not found it to fit in my schedule the past year. I have been in need of sleeping more on Sundays, using it as a catch-up-on-sleep day, and thus miss my Gospel of Mark study.
   I would to be closer to the Savior. This is not to say I do not have a degree of closeness to Him. But, I certainly would to be closer. I thank Him for His sacrifice, and for the blessings the Father grants me.
   Well, let this post stand as it is, though hurried and not well-written. I believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and in the restoration of His church in these last days. I know it is in Christ I must put my trust. I pray I will get closer to Him in my daily life, and know Sunday is a day I should push to honor Him more.


No comments:

Post a Comment