Monday, October 6, 2014

May We as a Society Go Forward Following Court Actions on Marriages

   The courts have spoken, and same-sex marriages are legal in Utah. My view remains in line with the statement issued today by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, that marriage is between a man and a woman, and that we should be persons of good will toward all, including those who believe marriage can be for those of same-sex orientation.
   Bless them in their lives. I have friends who of same-sex orientation. I love them. They are wonderful people. Wonderful.
   But, I will remain believing that God ordained marriage to be between a man and a woman. I do, though, realize the power of the position of those who favor same-sex marriage. May we as a society go forward with love towards each other in the wake of the Supreme Court's declining to take up the appeal.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment