Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Words of One of God's Prophets Literally Stopped Me in My Tracks

   Elder Scott's words stopped me at by bedroom door. I was headed for the restroom, and would have been out of reach of what he was saying within moments had those words not caught me.
   "Don't yield to Satan's lie that you don't have time to study the scriptures," he said, urging listeners of his Conference talk to re-prioritize their lives so video games, social media, television, school work and even sleep do not come before scripture study.
   I froze at my doorway, thinking of my thoughts of late, of how if I loved the Lord my God with all my heart, might, mind and soul, I would study the scriptures three times each day. I would not let the pressures of the day pull me from this necessary task of scripture study. Why three times? In the morning, read four pages, but I find if I do not review what I have read, much is lost and forgotten by the next day. I will have a better chance of retaining what I read if I take just two minutes at lunch and at night to review something from what I have read.
   I have been so busy, though. Lunches and night-times come, and it seems I lack the time to cram even so much as two minutes into my scripture study. So, the words from one of God's prophets literally stopped me in my tracks. "Don't yield to Satan's lie that you don't have time to study the scriptures."

No comments:

Post a Comment