Friday, September 4, 2015

If a Bank had an Outbreak of Robberies, What Would it do?

   The militarization of America, would it be a good thing? Would it be good if there were more weapons all across the board, both among the good and the bad? For, if we call for more weapons, it won't be just the good guys who answer the call.
   I do not favor gun bans. But, I would fear a society where everyone owned a gun and everyone packed it. Do I think it would be a safer society? No, not at all. I would fear for my life living in such a society, knowing if I tipped someone the wrong way, they might just reach for their gun to answer my offense.
   Society would not be safer if everyone carried guns, and it follows that it would not be safer if half the of them carried them. Yes, we need guns to respond when criminals use guns, but militarizing our populace is not the answer. I much favor placing more police deputies and/or private security guards at key spots. Yes, that too is a militarization of America, but I believe it is a wiser one.
   If a bank were being robbed continually, it could do one of two things. One, it could tell all the customers to bring their own weapons, and be prepared to use them, Or, two, it could hire an armed security guard.
   Which are we going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment