Wednesday, March 7, 2018

The California Revolution for Immigrants

  Hearing of California Gov. Jerry Brown saying U.S. Attorney Jeff Sessions is "initiating a reign of terror" against California immigrants, I cannot but feel surprised at the support for immigrants coming out of California.
  An old Chris de Burgh song -- "Revolution" -- comes to my mind, long forgotten, till this moment, when it rushes to my memory. I look up the words when I get home from work.
     Wake up boys, there's a light at the window
     I can hear someone knocking on the door
     There are voices in the street
     And the sound of running feet
     And they whisper the word
     'Revolution'
   Is California really standing up for the immigrants this strongly? I think back a week or so, when the mayor of Oakland warned the immigrants of her city of an impending federal raid. At the time, I blogged of how it reminded me of Paul Revere warning of the coming of the British.
   "This is basically going to war against the state of California, the engine of the American economy," Brown says, in response to Sessions' filing lawsuit against California's attempts to help the immigrants. "It is not wise, it is not right and it will not stand."
    So, we have a little bit of a "war." I stand with those who fight for freedom. I stand with those who are standing up against the federal government.

1 comment:

  1. its very good and amazing article and i enjoy it, i appreciate the time and effort you put on this, i will share this with my friends thanks
    Heya i'm for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly
    helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to offer something back and aid others
    like you helped me.
    Junk Car Removals
    0483-333-444

    ReplyDelete