Wednesday, September 26, 2018

I Would Vote Against Clarence Thomas

   If you could take me back to the Clarence Thomas hearings, and have me as a senator, I would vote against him.
   And, it would be as much for what he allegedly did to Angela Wright, as it would be for how he treated Anita Hill. Testimony was, he made advances on her, and when she rejected him, he fired her. Using your position to fire someone for rejecting your sexual does not reflect the character I think should exist on the Supreme Court.
   I also think about Hill's allegations. I believe them. I wonder whether they are serious enough that I would vote against the nomination. I have just said I believe Hill, so, if for no other reason, I would perhaps vote against Thomas because he denied the accusations so completely.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment