Monday, March 11, 2019

Success can come from Pictures of Success

  If I were a coach, I'd want my players to imitate the mentality of champions. I'd want them to have the same look in their eyes that the heroes of the game have. You can tell much about a player by the look is his eyes. There is the look of fear, which you don't want, and there is the look of determination, which you do.
  We are imitators, we are. So, if you want to be a winner, place the face of the winner front and center before your team. Pull out all the Michael Jordan tapes you can. Find the up close, facial-views, and play them for your players just before the games. When your film crews film games, tell them to zoom in on the faces. When your players are at their best, enjoying their best moments, film them and film their faces
  The expressions and countenance of a winner are infectious. If you want your players to have the right mentality, show them a picture of it. Winning can come by assimilation, if you assimilate the feelings of a winner.
   Here's something that isn't being done in coaching, that I'm aware of. I'd do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment