Saturday, May 23, 2020

Is Hiring a Lawyer to Defend a Judge's Decisions Ever Happened Before?

  Has a judge ever hired a lawyer to defend him in the decisions he has made? Has a judge ever had to do that? Seems highly unusual to me. News today, though, says Judge Emmet G. Sullivan, who presides over the Michael Flynn case, has found reason to do so.
  I mean, the defendant has a lawyer, and the prosecution has a lawyer, but since when has a judge needed a lawyer?
  I admire Judge Sullivan for standing up to the Trump administration. When history is written, perhaps he will be one of the heroes of our time.

1 comment:

  1. When I was looking at options for my personal injury case I found this app, the painworth app. My lawyer also found it useful, it looked at all of the historic cases similar to ours and estimated the cost of our claim, it was really useful. Check it out if you have a chance, I hope it helps! free personal injury lawyer Toronto

    ReplyDelete