Friday, June 19, 2020

Ditch the Electronic Machines and Go Back to Paper Balloting Only

  Does now occur to me that mail-in ballots are paper ballots. A good system requires paper balloting. When they are electronic, and also do not have paper print-outs, they can be hacked. We know the Russians targeted election systems in all 50 states in 2016. So, if we ban mail-in voting, that means more electronic voting and makes it easier for the Russians to get at us.
  I believe something like a dozen states (representing about 150 Electoral College votes) are still primarily on electronic machines that do have paper print-outs. I also wonder about even the states that do have paper print-outs. My understanding is that if you do a recount, that is when they make a difference, not until.
   All this makes me wonder, should we sit all the electronic machines aside -- every one of them -- and go back to the old paper ballots? I joke you not. We still have many months until the election. My thought at the moment (though it could change as I learn more), is that we should.

No comments:

Post a Comment