Friday, June 5, 2020

Maybe Police Violence Would be Down if Matt Dillon Made the Arrests

   Wish I could speak to a real good buff  of old Western TV shows right now, someone who could remember how Matt Dillon, the Lone Ranger, or Roy Rogers went about arresting someone. I'm thinking they didn't shoot them in the back as they fled away. I'm thinking they didn't say, "Raise your hands," as the criminal laid dying in the streets. I'm thinking they didn't shoot them 20 more times just to make sure they were dead.
   Looking back at the old TV shows is relevant. How Matt Dillon, and the Lone Ranger, and Roy Rogers went about doing it reflects the mores of our society at the time the movies were made. Have our mores changed? Do we justify a lot of things today that would not have been acceptable 50 years ago?
   I'm thinking there would be a lot fewer police killings if Matt Dillon, the Lone Ranger, and Roy Rogers were making the arrests.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment