Sunday, October 4, 2020

'No Spiritual Blessing Shall be Withheld'

   Calm the weary heart. 

   The church to which I belong, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, held its semi-annual conference this weekend. Speaker after speaker spoke of the challenges facing the world, COVID-19 and social unrest. The prophet and others decried racism and rioting. 

   They spoke to the events of our day. 

   Throughout all the talks, they spoke of optimism, and of these being times in which we can grow and improve ourselves.

    Among the many things were said, was this promise:

    "This is the dispensation when no spiritual blessing shall be withheld from the righteous," President Russell M. Nelson said. And, I thought of the prophecy in Joel 2, "I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and daughters shall prophesy, and your old dream dreams and your young men shall see visions. And upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit."





No comments:

Post a Comment