Saturday, August 14, 2010

Stories and Stands

Here's hoping you will spot a blog below that you like and pass it along to someone living in Utah House District 41, which includes parts of Sandy, Draper, Riverton, South Jordan, Bluffdale, and Herriman. Scroll down through these stories. I try to offer an opinion on a news story each day other than Sunday. Follow my posts and you'll learn how I stand on the issues. Many of the opinions are on national issues, but state issues are scattered through these posts.

I am running for the Utah House, District 41. Why vote for me? You don't often have an opportunity to elect someone not accepting special-interest money. Most all candidates accept such contributions, knowing that if they don't, hardly anyone will hear about them and they won't get elected. I do not like the idea that politicians take contributions from those they know will be bringing issues to them once they are elected. I'm not going to take that money (actually, I'm not accepting any contributions, period), and hope that -- even though this means you will hear more from my opponent, Todd Kiser -- you will vote for me anyway. I hope this stand, alone, is enough to persuade you to vote for me.

District 41 has the Midvale city limits and 8680 North as its northern border, and lies between 1-15 on the west and 700 East on the east. That part of the district stretches down to 11400 South (excluding a little box in the southeast corner).

It also includes the area between the Jordan River on the west and I-15 on the east, between 10600 South and 12300 South.

And, the district takes in the area south of 12300 South between 300 East and about 1300 West, with that part of the district going south to 13800.

And, it includes the area south of Bangerter Highway between I-15 and 4800 West, going to the county line.

-- John Jackson, candidate for Utah House District 41.

No comments:

Post a Comment