Saturday, August 28, 2010

Thanks, Glenn Beck

Today's event was an uncommon one, a rally of an estimated 87,000 that focused as much as anything on . . .

Religion?

I have perhaps only once or twice caught snippets from Glenn Beck's talk show, and I didn't tune in for his "Restoring Honor" event, but from the story I read at Fox News, it was a worthy occasion.

"Something that is beyond man is happening," Fox quotes Beck as saying. "America today begins to turn back to God."

Now, Beck is a political commentator. Many in attendance were Tea Partyers. Sarah Palin spoke. Of course politics were not entirely avoided. But, the quotes I read from Beck didn't reflect partisan politics, he even quoted from Barack Obama. And, he had asked attendees to leave their signs at home.

I think it a good thing, the rally. (Apologies, though, did I read somewhere that Beck didn't want it called a rally? -- But it was.)

I think it a neat thing that a national leader threw such a big event to turn our hearts to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment