Friday, March 23, 2012

Mitt Romney Disappointed Me Today

My roommate told me of how Mitt Romney wants Obama's energy secretary, interior secretary and head of the EPA all fired.

Romney called them the "gas-hike trio,' saying, "No question in my mind that these -- I call them the gas-hike trio ... are on a mission to drive up the price of gasoline and all energy so that they can finally get their solar and their wind to be more price competitive."

I suppose I would be a little surprised if the three Obama administrators actually wanted gas prices to rise in hopes of helping solar and wind power gain a footing. It's an accusation, but is it a fair one, and is it plausible?

Or, is it just picking enemies and picking a fight with those on the opposite side of the aisle? Our nation has become so polarized, each side finding false faults with the other. Of all the problems our nation has, this is not least among them.

If you don't want them to divide up and fight in partisan fashion, don't elect them in partisan fashion. Elect a few independents.

No comments:

Post a Comment