Thursday, March 29, 2012

Too Many of My Facebook Friends Seek Armed Rebellion

I frown and fear when Facebook friends post such comments as,  "My muskets are primed and ready for the 2nd Revolutionary war coming soon to America."

That came across on a FB post just the other day.

Another Facebook friend a couple weeks ago spoke of going to Washington, gun in hand and anxious to have others join him. He spoke of taking hostages until federal authorities returned to Americans rights that are being lost.

This came just days after he posted something that sounded suicidal.

I Facebooked him back, saying I hoped he was speaking in frustration, but was not serious. He replied that he was serious, indeed. I felt like a counselor of some sort, trying to say things to talk him out of what would be a horrible crime.

Fortunately, I suppose, his ambition was too much to actually undertake. At least, we've heard nothing on the news about anyone taking congressmen hostage -- yet.

I also think of another Facebook friend, more than a year ago posting something calling for a revolution -- an armed revolution -- against the government. I was astounded, astonished, aghast.

But, it seems such thoughts are no longer uncommon. No longer do you have to live in Hayden Lake, Idaho, to have such thoughts. They are so common that you run into your own friends posting them.

That was three of my friends -- three, three of my FB friends talking of taking up arms against the government. This is just among my Facebook friends, so imagine how many people might think this way.

1 comment:

  1. Anger is not going to solve anything. some people think they are tough when they make statements like this, but they are weak individuals. My boss has told me I would get better results (as a collector) if I used honey instead of vinegar. Apparently your FB friends (fiends?) drank too much vinegar and as the saying goes "Misery loves company." I for one do not care to drink thier vinegar.

    ReplyDelete