Sunday, May 13, 2012

Proverb 3:5 and the Same-Sex Marriage Question

There is yet one more question to ask myself, in deciding whether I think those of same-sex attraction should be allowed to marry.

Once whether it is just thing to do has been considered, and whether they have a civil right to marry has been considered -- and should the thought be that they do have that right  -- then there is this question:

The Lord's wisdom being higher than man's, and higher than mine, does it matter that I have thought the matter through and consider they should be given marriage rights? Should not the Lord's wisdom remain?

I think of the words of the proverbist. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."

Trust, then, in the Lord's wisdom.

I do not know what is going on in my church on this topic. That is, I do not know whether the church took a stand in North Carolina, or whether it has taken one in Washington. I have a sister campaigning for the initiative in Washington, and she says the church has not yet became involved in the campaign.

My church is God's religion. Those of you who read this, who are not members of this church, can perhaps understand by understanding how you believe in God, and how you would follow what He says, regardless what it is. You might decline if you do not believe what your church says is coming from God. But, if you do believe what the church is saying is coming from God, you will follow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment